Dietitian Connection, a leading website for dietitians, completed a dietitian salary survey in late 2012, and acquired results from 117 dietitians around Australia.
Results of the dietitian salary survey are as follows:
- 60% earned between $51,000 and $80,000 per year
- 8% earned over $100,000 per year
- Respondents practiced in settings such as public hospitals (37%), private practice (15.2%), community nutrition (11.6%), non-profit organisations (8%), private hospitals (7.1%), public health (5.4%), with the remainder being made up of dietitians practising in nursing homes, contracting, primary industry, research and ‘other’ areas
You can check out the full results from the survey here.
Want to know more about what’s happening in dietetics? Check out www.dietitianconnection.com.
More resources on My Health Career about a career in dietetics:
- Things you really need to know before studying dietetics
- Videos about a career in dietetics
- Becoming a dietitian – pathway infographic
Image: InfoMofo – flickr