You can download this infographic as a jpeg and print it out.
From high school
Check with the university or universities you are applying to about the entry requirements for high school graduates, and whether there are any alternative entry pathways. Undergraduate dietetics courses in Australia are generally 4 years.
Check with the university or universities you are applying to about the entry requirements for university graduates. There are specific pre-requisite subjects that you must complete in your undergraduate course to be eligible to apply for a masters program to become a dietitian.
Please check with the institution you are applying to in case they have alternative entry pathways, or bridging courses to complete the pre-requisite subjects for graduate entry.
In this video Professor Sandra Capra, three time national president of the Dietitians Association of Australia talks about how to make sure you don’t become stuck as a nutritionist if your intention is to become a dietitian.
My Health Career articles about a career in dietetics:
- Things you really need to know before deciding to study dietetics
- Australian dietetics workforce in focus
- A student’s journey through her dietetics degree
- Calling for the rise of dietitians following the fall of Pete Evans
- My career as an oncology specialist dietitian – by Merran Findlay Adv APD