Polio Australia has compiled a clinical practice resource module for health professionals as a broader information in support and health care for polio survivors, management of the Late Effects of Polio and/or Post-Polio Syndrome (PPS). The module has drawn from polio specialist, polio survivors, and evidence-based literature.
On the website, there are also other resources that have collected from different sources:
- Lincolnshire Post-Polio Library for Medical Professionals which covers the management of the late effects of polio and PPS
- Manual for Queensland health practitioners about the late effects of polio, (which has now been removed from Queensland Department of Health website)
- Article from Dr Susan Perlman: Polio Above The Neck
- Fact sheets from Polio Services Victoria
- Information for health professionals by Post-Polio Health International
- PPS Identifying Best Practices in Diagnosis and Care, the extract of the international conference on PPS held by March of Dimes in collaboration with the Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation, USA
- The Cochrane review on treatment for post-polio syndrome
- Management and treatment of post polio syndrome in primary care by Post Polio Support Group, Ireland
More recent articles on My Health Career:
- Upskilling online made possible by Monash University
- Be My Eyes – the app that lets you lend your eyes to the blind
- Are your clients going gluten free for the right reasons?
Image: Joel Kramer – flickr