Occupational Therapy Australia has said that there are three key areas of the 2015 Intergenerational Report affecting the profession and the broader OT community. These are health, ageing and social services.
- Ensuring that health expenditure is well spent on hospitalisation prevention, maximising community health programs, affordable and accessible allied health services to all Australians, particularly those in rural and remote areas
- Ensuring funding to support older Australians to live the lives they want well into the future
- Ensuring NDIS and disability pension are implemented well to support the most vulnerable members of the community
The Intergenerational Report is produced by the Government every five years. It contains an analysis of the key drivers of economic growth and how changes to Australia’s population size and age profile may impact economic growth, workforce and public finances over the next 40 years.
Occupational Therapy Australia was selected by the Department of the Treasury to access the Government’s 2015 Intergenerational Report before it was released to public.
More recent articles on My Health Career:
- The effectiveness of tailored hand exercises for the rheumatoid hand
- Polio resources for health professionals
- Upskilling online made possible by Monash University