The Physiotherapy Board of Australia is continuing to develop a case as to why it is in the best interests of the public for physiotherapists to be able to prescribe scheduled medications. The board has applied for approval to endorse the registration of physiotherapists for scheduled medicines under the National Law.
The role of the Board in regulating physiotherapist prescribing will be includes:
- Approving accreditation standards and programs of study for prescribing practice
- Considering applications for registration with an endorsement for scheduled medicines
- Setting and monitoring the compliance of endorsed physiotherapists with registration standards, codes and guidelines.
More articles on My Health Career:
- Prescribing rights for physiotherapists – by APA Sports Physiotherapist Tim Barnwell
- Will physiotherapists routinely be using lung ultrasound for critical care patients in the future?
- Multidisciplinary care of chronic diseases for cost effectiveness and surgery prevention