The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency has published revised registration standards for six registered health professions, these being medicine, medical radiation practice, nursing and midwifery, physiotherapy, podiatry, and psychology.
The revised registration standards are for:
- Continuing professional development (CPD)
- Recency of practice
- Professional indemnity insurance (PII) arrangements
However, they do not apply to renewals of registration in 2016.
The National Board for each of the six professions has published profession-specific advice on their relevant website. Click on the links to access this information:
More articles and resources on My Health Career:
- Becoming a health practitioner – registering with AHPRA
- Australian hospital statistics 2014-2015
- 16% decrease in notifications – AHPRA 2014-2015 statistics revealed
- Increased numbers of women in specialty medical training, an extra 344 commencing medical students in 2014