1. The 2015 GradStats data showed that the median annual starting salaries were as follows:
- Dentistry $80,000
- Optometry $80,000
- Medicine (interns) $65,000
- Paramedical studies $55,000
- Psychology $50,000 (please note that this is for those who had completed an undergraduate psychology degree, not for fully qualified psychologists)
- Pharmacy (interns) $42,000
2. In September 2013, My Health Career published an article based on the most recent data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics: https://www.myhealthcareer.com.au/how-much-money-do-health-professionals-earn. Here is the table of data included in our article:
3. Dietetics – Australian based website Dietitian Connection did a survey of 117 dietitians in late 2012: http://bit.ly/W1A9ab. Another survey was completed in 2013, with the results being similar to 2012.
4. Medicine – In December 2013, Australian Doctor released an article which stated that Australian General Practitioners (GPs) have a gross income which is 1.7 times the national average, and that medical specialists have a gross income that is 4.3 times the national average.
Considering a career in health? Be sure to check out our inside information about: